Sunday, 19 August 2012

The Story Behind The Name


Heidi asked me about my choice of name for my new blog.  Candytuft seeds were some of the first that I sowed and also the first flowers to bloom in a little corner of our new garden.  This particular variety is called Fairy Mix and I think that there is something magical about the name.

Another reason was that candytuft also happen to be some of the first seeds that I ever planted as a child when my mother gave me a tiny spot in the garden in which to grow flowers.  That was more years ago than I care to remember, but when I saw these seeds agin, I just knew that I had to have some. 

Next year, I'm going to sow them much closer together so that they make more of an impact.  I want a dusting of fairy magic to greet me every time that I enter my garden.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet is your story, Marie... I've always loved the flower candytuft. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have found a blog with a name that means something really special about where you are at in your life now :) I hope you are able to grow as many posts as you have (and will) candytuft plants!

    Best wishes,

    Tash from vintagepretty.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahh how lovely.
    You know I've never heard of Candytuft before! How I have missed such a cute name I will never know.
    Lovely story about your new name.
    love
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete